Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Windies Topple Pakis



West Indies proved their worth in the first game of the world cup against Pakistan. Pakistan looked really weak without top bowlers imho, Shoaib Akhtar, Razzaq etc. It made me wonder if pakistan do really have any hope in this world cup as far as bowling is concerned. Batting too sucked the wind. This balloon is not going to fly much!! IMHO.

On the other hand, West Indian Youngsters proved their strength in bowling and batting altogether.

  • Looks to me the west indies deployed a complete team effort with total success.I really liked the way Dwayne Smith played.
  • Dwayne Bravo was on a Hat-trick. (though he didn get any more overs to bowl in this game). I wonder if that is technically on a hat-trick in his next game.

Score card:

West Indies 241/9 in 50 overs && Pakistan 187/10 in 47.2 overs (Link)

4 comments:

vimal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vimal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vimal said...

I removed the 2 pakistani players from my fantasy team. Afridi and Azar

VJ said...

Technically this is a hatrick. If he takes a wicket off the first ball he bowls in the next match, then it is a hatrick. This has happened in the past. I remember Merv Hughes and Walsh had such a record.